Our theme for the upcoming IABC World Conference, happening 11–14 June 2017, is GLOBAL BUSINESS: Lead Communication—Make Real Impact. It represents our mission to elevate your career, highlight the global rise of communication as a business-crucial part of the organization, and showcase vibrant and exciting Washington, D.C., our conference city.
About the World Conference
The IABC World Conference is a long-standing, global professional development event designed for communication practitioners. The only major conference of its type, the event typically draws 1,000 to 1,200 attendees from around the world. Speakers are selected through a peer-reviewed process, with evaluations conducted by top experts in the field. Selections are based on alignment to the IABC Global Standard, and the degree to which the sessions will inform, engage and deliver on the conference theme.
What makes IABC unique?
- IABC is the only international membership association for communicators in business.
- IABC members are at the mid-to-senior career level and are represented in all industries.
- IABC is the oldest and most highly regarded global trade association for communicators.
Learn more about World Conference attendees.
What to expect
Following through on this year’s theme, a focus on innovation will be carried throughout the program, building on the best of what we’ve learned about outstanding communication, and aiming high to capture the newest knowledge and ideas in the profession. Here’s what you can expect:
- Learn how to drive innovation and reinvent your communication practice.
- Access ideas about new tools and techniques that will foster your ability to innovate.
- Experience truly inspirational keynotes who can expand your ideas about the future of the profession.
IABC is grounded in creating connections around knowledge, experiences, ideas and people. These connections drive innovation and enable you, and the communication profession, to rise and be recognized for the contributions you make to your organizations.
By attending the IABC World Conference, you will:
- Increase your network with over 1,000 participants in attendance.
- Experience outstanding keynote speeches and informative panel discussions.
- Choose from exceptional sessions in a variety of formats.
- Earn credits toward professional certification.
We’ll share the innovative knowledge, creative tools and critical connections we need to make communication the centerpiece of a thriving business community.
Tracks with a focus
Our sessions will be organized by one of these five tracks.
- Communication skills: Skill-based knowledge, such as technical and social media skills, measurement techniques, planning, writing, photography/visuals, design and presenting
- Leadership and strategy: Dialogue and techniques that position communication as a high-value function, enable communicators to facilitate and foster relationships, build leadership skills and empower communicators to better support business goals
- Marketing and brand: Insights and expertise on marketing to support sales and branding as an expression of the value of an organization, product or service
- Reputation: Guidance on interpreting perceptions, values and connections that stakeholders have toward an organization, incorporating social responsibility and employing strategies for preparing for, and dealing with, a crisis
- Employee engagement: Case studies, analysis and best practices that help to ensure employee behaviors that support organizational goals and demonstrate above-and-beyond commitment
Global Standard and Career Paths
The World Conference program is aligned to the Global Standard, defined by communication professionals around the world who embrace a shared career purpose and six core Principles as the building blocks of their work. Applying that standard enables us to cross all borders, align with diverse cultures and effectively serve organizations of all types and sizes.
Sessions will also be categorized by Career Path, helping to support your career goals as you plan your schedule. Choose the path that best describes where you are today.
Join us for an event that will enlighten with new ideas, expand your connections and benefit your career.