Crafting and telling the story of your strategy
It’s the dirty little secret of the business world: Between 80 and 95 percent of employees don’t know or understand the strategy. And it occurs regardless of how good the strategy is. Using industry case studies, this presentation will highlight:
- Why communicating strategy fails.
- How strategy can be converted into a co-designed story that can be told and retold, so everyone has clarity on what the organization is trying to achieve.
- Identifying and tackling anti-stories that prevent progress.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to craft a strategy story that is owned by your most important influencers.
- What a business story looks and sounds like and how to spot good ones.
- Three big mistakes novices make when starting out with story techniques.
Track: Leadership and Strategy
Career level: Strategic adviser
Date and time: Tuesday, 13 June, 3:30–4:30 p.m.
Presenter / Shawn Callahan / Australia is the author of Putting Stories to Work and the founder at Anecdote, the world’s largest business storytelling company. Shawn started his career in tech with companies such as Oracle and IBM but realized that, at the end of the day, it was the human factors that determined the success of any enterprise. In 2004 he founded Anecdote, a firm that helps leaders and sellers find and tell great oral stories. He works with Global 1,000 companies and a global network of partners.