1919 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, District of Columbia, 20009, USA
About the Hilton
This year’s conference hotel is the Washington Hilton. This modern conference hotel, featuring 1,000+ rooms, is an 11-minute walk from the restaurants of trendy Dupont Circle. The sleek rooms feature ergonomic chairs, laptop-size safes and WiFi (fee; free in lobby). Club-level rooms offer access to a lounge providing free WiFi, continental breakfast and afternoon snacks.
From Washington Hilton, you’ll enjoy easy access to the city’s most popular attractions while staying in one of D.C.’s coolest neighborhoods. Walk outside the doors to restaurants and entertainment or unwind by the outdoor fire pits at our hotel with plenty of options to grab a bite to eat.
IABC group rate: USD$249.00 single/double, plus tax. This group rate is available beginning Thursday 8 June and ending Friday 16 June, based on availability.
To receive the IABC group rate above, please book online here no later than 17 May 2017. You may also call Central reservations at 1-800-445-8667, please reference IABC 2017 World Conference at the Washington Hilton. Rooms are based on availability and may sell out before the cutoff date. A deposit equal to one night’s stay is required to guarantee your reservation, refundable up to 72 hours in advance of arrival date.
The benefits of staying in the IABC host hotel
Establishing a history of filling our room blocks allows IABC to secure competitive rates when negotiating with hotels in future convention cities. Booking at the IABC hotel helps to keep future conference registration and hotel costs down for all conference attendees. Additional benefits include:
- Comfortable, quality accommodations at lower, negotiated rates. Official hotels have guaranteed that IABC’s rates are the lowest they will offer over the conference meeting dates.
- Close proximity to the IABC World Conference. Stay close to “home” to take full advantage of everything the IABC World Conference has to offer, from high-quality educational sessions to networking time with colleagues and friends.
Directions from the Washington National Airport
Follow signs to Washington/14th Street Bridge. Go across bridge into Washington, D.C. Take 14th Street to K Street N.W. Turn left on K Street, then right on Connecticut Avenue. Address is 1919 Connecticut Avenue N.W.
Distance from Hotel: Drive Time:
6 mi. 20 min.
Type Typical Minimum Charge
Subway/Rail 4.00 USD
Taxi 19.00 USD
Rental Car Prices vary
US$41.00 (Garage Parking)
US$49.00 (Valet Parking)
Beware of unauthorized solicitations
Please note that IABC does not call or email to solicit any special offers on hotel reservations or contract with any outside reservations firms. For your protection, please make all lodging reservations directly through this World Conference website. If you have questions about unauthorized solicitations, or lodging in general, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visa requirements for visitors from outside the U.S.
Citizens of many countries need visas to enter the United States, so it’s a good idea to plan to apply for a visa well in advance. To find out if you’ll need a tourist visa and how to apply, visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
If you require an official letter of invitation from IABC, you will have an opportunity to request it as you go through the registration process. Per IABC policy, registrations must be paid for and processed online prior to the issuance of invitation.
Getting around the city
These helpful hints for getting around the city are offered by the local IABC/Washington D.C. chapter.
- No need to rent a car – so many sites are accessible via walking, biking, Uber, Lyft, subway, etc., that a car, the expense, and the parking aren’t worth the hassle.
- Consider getting the smartphone app for Uber and/or Lyft ahead of arriving in DC – you can always delete it afterward
- Here’s the link for the subway system – get familiar with the map ahead of arriving – the host hotel is closest to the DuPont Circle metro station: https://www.wmata.com/schedules/
- Take the Metro/subway from DCA/Reagan National Airport; there are also multiple shuttle services from Dulles and BWI airports (plus MARC train directly to DC’s Union Station from BWI – $7-$10 per person).
- The most reliable taxis are those painted red/gray (akin to the DC flag’s colors).
- Nearly all Smithsonian Museums are free to the public
- For attendees wanting to tour the US Capitol, go online ahead of time to check availability and how to reserve. https://www.visitthecapitol.gov/plan-visit/book-tour-capitol
- For attendees wanting to see a Washington Nationals baseball game, go online to check game scheduling during the Saturday-Saturday, June 8th-June 15th timeframe. http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/ticketing/index.jsp?c_id=was
- Bring. Comfortable. Shoes!