Unparalleled networking with peers from around the world. Inspiring speakers who will change the way you think about your work, and the world at large. A chance to hone your skills and learn about how to meet the challenges of the future from the best in the business. These are just a few of the reasons communication professionals attend IABC’s annual World Conference happening 9–12 June 2019 in Vancouver, British Columbia, with the theme “Think Forward.”
IABC World Conference attendees work in a variety of industries, in corporations, nonprofits, consulting firms, government and as independent practitioners. They practice in diverse disciplines of communication, including public relations, employee communication, marketing, reputation and brand management, media relations, community relations, public affairs, investor relations, and government relations.
2018 World Conference attendee facts and figures
To give you an idea of what’s in store at this year’s event in Vancouver, here’s a look back at some statistics about attendees from the 2018 event in Montréal.
- More than 1,300 communication professionals attended.
- 36 countries were represented among attendees, including the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and the Philippines.
- Most attendees reported working for organizations with 1,000 or more employees.
- The majority of attendees reported working for corporations.
- About half of the attendees reported having responsibility for a budget of US$100,000 or more.
- Corporate communication was cited as the primary function for most attendees, followed by employee communication and marketing communication.
- Gaining knowledge about trends and practical tools from speakers and networking with peers were considered the most valuable aspects of the event.
- The majority of attendees reported having 10 or more years of experience.
- No. 1 reason cited for attending: The content of the sessions.
If you attended the 2018 conference in Montréal, then you know that you’re in store for an incredible experience. You’ll get the latest trends, solutions and answers to critical questions facing the communication profession. Along the way, you’ll make valuable connections that will support you and your career for years to come.
Join us in Vancouver!