This Media Room is a resource for IABC members, volunteer leaders, sponsors, attendees and the media to learn more about the IABC World Conference, happening 11–14 June 2017 in Washington D.C., and to help spread the word about this global event for communication professionals. See our featured news stories and access sample tweets, posts and images. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, just let us know.
Join 1,000 of your communication peers at the IABC World Conference. Register by 1 March and save US$200!
Join more than 1,000 of your communication peers at the 2017 IABC World Conference, 11–14 June 2017 in Washington D.C. If you register for the early-bird rate by 1 March you can save over US$200 compared to the full price. And if you become an IABC member at the same time, you can save even more. Just follow the prompts during the online registration to make that happen. Join communication professionals from around the world to learn, network,… Read More
The world is changing and challenging the basic tenets of the communication profession: ethics, truth and transparency. Now more than ever, we must come together to sort through how we will address these challenges that are shaping and will continue to shape the future of the communication profession. We are developing the World Conference program to address key global events that impact all of us as communication professionals. One of our general… Read More
We appreciate your interest in covering the World Conference. For press attending the event, we consider and screen each request to make sure press partners align with IABC standards of communication. Please apply here to be considered for a press pass.
About the conference
This year’s theme, “GLOBAL BUSINESS: Lead Communication—Make Real Impact,” represents our mission to elevate the career of communication practitioners, put the spotlight on the global rise of business communication and showcase the stunning transformation made by Washington D.C., our conference city. All sessions were peer-reviewed by the conference’s Program Advisory Committee (PAC). Selected presentations met the IABC Global Standard and delivered on the conference theme. Learn more…
Our sponsors understand great communication
IABC sponsors are more than just contributors to the conference; they are partners who appreciate, understand and exemplify great communication. See our sponsors from the 2016 World Conference and learn about the benefits of sponsorship.
All the news
This multifaceted event covers all of the most critical aspects of organizational communication. Get up to speed on the latest happenings at the IABC World Conference by going to Previews and News.
Help spread the word about the 2017 World Conference in Washington, D.C. with this series of web ads in standard leaderboard, sidebar and other sizes. See the full gallery.
- The 2017 #IABC World Conference heads to Washington D.C.! Don’t miss out. Register now wc.iabc.com #IABC17
- Lead communication and make a real impact through global business at the 2017 #IABC World Conference wc.iabc.com #IABC17
- Want to make a positive impact on your career? Join us as we highlight the global rise of communication at the #IABC World Conference wc.iabc.com #IABC17
- The 2017 World Conference is the premier #comms conference of the year. Come join your peers. wc.iabc.com #IABC17
- Register now to save on the 2017 World Conference. Join us! wc.iabc.com #IABC17
- #Communicators, elevate your career at the 2017 #IABC World Conference wc.iabc.com #IABC17
Sample Facebook/LinkedIn posts
- As IABC rolls out an exciting, all-new 2017 World Conference program, the theme of “Global Business: Lead Communication—Make Real Impact” speaks to what the organization believes about the profession and what it honors in its beautiful venue. It represents our mission to elevate your career, to highlight the global rise of communication as a business-crucial part of the organization, and to showcase the stunning transformation made by Washington D.C., our conference city, as it tackles challenges to become a strong and growing hub for innovation. Don’t miss out, and register for the 2017 World Conference at the “early-bird” rate at wc.iabc.com.
- The first 2017 IABC World Conference keynote announced is a leader in IBM’s marketing, communications and citizenship organization, Jon Iwata. He is recognized for innovation—from creating Think Academy, a mobile- and cloud-delivered online university serving more than 375,000 IBMers, to the build-out of IBM’s global digital marketing operations. Learn more wc.iabc.com.