Social media without wasting your time or losing your identity
It’s all the rage to talk about LinkedIn, Facebook, and the 500+ other social networks that exist. And without a doubt, you already have a profile on a number of them. But how does social media fit within your overall strategy? How do you balance the requirement for communication and engagement, with the challenge of resource constraints? And how can you avoid the “dark side” and protect against identity theft and brand hijacking? Based on his research and his books Online PR and Social Media and Digital Transformation for Associations, Randall Craig provides practical advice and insight.
In this session, you will learn:
- Using the Anchor and Outpost strategy to both increase exposure and improve productivity.
- Three key frameworks for improving engagement and effectiveness.
- How to prevent others from hijacking your identity on aggregator websites.
- Approaches to risk mitigation.
- Social media ROI: Management and measurement.
Presenter / Randall Craig / Ontario, Canada, has founded successful start-ups, held a long-time position at a big-four consulting firm, and was an executive at a U.S. public company. He has advised on digital strategy since 1994 for hundreds of major organizations globally. He is the author of seven books, including Online PR and Social Media and Social Media for Business. Randall frequently appears on national media, has served at the board level for several national organizations, and has earned a CFA, an MBA, a CMC, and a CSP.