World Conference: Where Communicators Connect
9–2 June 2019, Hyatt and Fairmont, Vancouver
IABC is recognized as the professional association of choice for communicators who aspire to excel in their chosen fields. IABC members work in some of the world’s most prestigious corporations and consulting firms with members in more than half the Fortune 500 companies and in 90 of the Fortune 100 companies.
With an average annual department budget of US$4 million, they are responsible for developing and executing strategic internal and external communication plans for corporations, governments, non-profits, educational institutions and consulting firms around the world.
What makes IABC unique?
• IABC is the only international membership association for communicators in business.
• IABC members are at the mid-to-senior career level and are represented in all industries.
• IABC is the oldest and most highly regarded global trade association for communicators.
About the IABC audience
Members practice the diverse disciplines of corporate communication, public relations, employee communication, marketing, media relations, community relations, public affairs, investor relations, and government relations.
IABC members are employed in corporations (39%), and are also found in consulting firms (20%) government/military (8%), education (5%), nonprofit organizations (3%) and “other” (25%) including writing/editing firms, utilities, etc.
IABC members hold positions of influence — and have spending power.
• 35% of members hold one of the following titles: CEO, President, Officer, Partner, Vice President, Managing Director, Director, Practice Leader, Principal.
• 22% of members hold the title of Manager (viewed as Director level in many areas).
• Other titles held by IABC members include Account Executive, Assistant Manager, Consultant, Coordinator, Educator/Professor, Graphic Artist/Designer, Photographer, Writer, Speechwriter, Web Designer, and Specialist. These members “influence-up” the Directors/Managers they report to, researching and presenting their findings to these decision-makers.
• IABC has thousands of members around the world (60% US, 25% Canada, 6% Europe, 5% Asia Pacific, and 4% Africa/Middle East).
The communication event of the year
The IABC annual World Conference is the leading international forum of its kind. More than 1,300 business communication professionals, decision makers in leading industries around the world, gather to learn the latest developments and best practices in communication and make the connections that will advance their professional programs and careers.
How you can connect
You can select from a variety of sponsorship packages or work with us to customize offerings to fit your specific needs. We can create a comprehensive marketing package designed to maximize your organization’s visibility and expand your client base. We provide opportunities to increase awareness of your brand, product, or service with the best communicators in the world and reach your target audience of decision-makers and influencers. Read more details on sponsorship opportunities.
Elevate your brand
The IABC World Conference provides an opportunity to build your organization’s presence among this expanding and influential group. As a sponsor, you will align with one of the world’s most respected communication associations, demonstrate your commitment to communication excellence, and enjoy a generous package of marketing benefits that give you direct access to IABC’s global membership. Sponsor benefits and recognition options include conference registrations, advertising, communication opportunities, website exposure, and direct links.