Tuesday, 5 June 2018
Held each year in celebration of the highest achievements in the communication profession, the glamorous Excellence Gala at the IABC World Conference is the communication professional’s night of nights, filled with inspiration, delicious food, entertainment and great company.
IABC honors Gold Quill Award winners, IABC Fellows, and winners of the Jake Wittmer Award, Business Issue Award and Sharon Berzok Award. The Gold Quill Awards, IABC’s premier awards program, recognizes and fosters excellence in the field of business communication, and recipients from all over the world are recognized for their achievements.
The Excellence Gala is a black-tie-optional celebration that has long been one of IABC’s most prestigious events. It’s a perfect opportunity celebrate the hard work and accomplishments of your team or clients.
This year, the Excellence Gala will be held on Tuesday, 5 June 2018, at the Palais des congrès de Montréal.
5–5:30 p.m. – Pre-awards champagne with light appetizer
5:30–7:30 p.m. – Awards ceremony (theatre style)
7:30–10 p.m. – Dinner, celebration and entertainment
The celebration includes recognition of awards for excellent work submitted by an agency or organization. The awards are judged based on the number of winning submissions from a particular entrant. Excellence Awards are given more weight than Merit Awards.
- IABC Gold Quill Boutique Agency of the Year (Five or fewer employees)
- IABC Gold Quill Small Agency of the Year (Six to 20 employees)
- IABC Gold Quill Mid-Size Agency of the Year (21 to 50 employees)
- IABC Gold Quill Large Agency of the Year (51 to more employees)
- IABC Gold Quill Corporate Communications Department of the Year
- IABC Gold Quill Not-for-Profit Communication Department of the Year
These awards will be calculated following the judging of all categories and will be celebrated at the Gala.
Best of the Best
Recommended by the Blue Ribbon Panel evaluators and reviewed by the Awards Committee, the Best of the Best Awards recognize the most exceptional work from across all divisions. Winners are announced at the Excellence Gala.
All entries earning an Award of Excellence are considered for:
- The Jake Wittmer Award, for outstanding research commissioned or developed by a communicator that was instrumental in ensuring the success of a communication program.
- The Business Issue Award, for addressing a critical business issue that threatened the well-being or viability of an organization and shows strategic involvement while presenting an effective, innovative resolution with measurable results.
- The Sharon Berzok Student Award, for the student who achieves the highest standard of communication excellence in the student categories. The winning entrant will receive a US$500 scholarship to use for professional development, education or training.
Full conference and Tuesday day pass registrations include the Gala. Individual tickets are also available.
Space is limited. Register now!
For more information about the Gold Quill Awards program visit gq.iabc.com.