IABC World Conference
14–17 June, Chicago
With the theme “Shift: #AreYouReady” and an eye toward the latest trends, solutions and ideas, the 2020 IABC World Conference will explore the newest challenges and opportunities facing the communication profession. Renowned for its architectural marvels, as well as its rich and diverse culture, Chicago was selected as the ideal location choice for the next event.
About the World Conference
The IABC World Conference is a long-standing, global professional development event designed for communication practitioners. The only major conference of its type, the event draws over 1,000 attendees from around the world. Speakers are selected through a peer-reviewed process, with evaluations conducted by top experts in the field. Selections are based on alignment to the IABC Global Standard, and the degree to which the sessions will inform, engage and deliver on the conference theme.
By attending the IABC World Conference, you will:
- Expand your network, with more than 1,000 participants in attendance.
- Experience outstanding keynote speeches and informative panel discussions.
- Choose from exceptional sessions in a variety of formats.
- Gain knowledge that creates value for your company and elevates your career.
- Earn credits toward professional certification.
We’ll share the innovative ideas, creative tools and critical connections needed to make communication the centerpiece of a thriving business community.
Global Standard and Career Paths
The World Conference program is aligned to the Global Standard, defined by communication professionals around the world who embrace a shared career purpose and six core principles as the building blocks of their work. Applying that standard enables us to cross all borders, align with diverse cultures and effectively serve organizations of all types and sizes.
Sessions will also be categorized by Career Path, helping to support your career goals as you plan your schedule. Choose the path that best describes where you are today.
Join us for an event that will enlighten with new thinking, share innovative best practices and expand your global connections.
The World Conference is organized around these five tracks.
Career and Future Skills
- Skills and knowledge that a communication professional must have
- Trends influencing the communication profession
- Skills for the next five years in a world changing at a rapid pace
- Ideas, examples and guidance to advance the career of a communication professional
Employee and Customer Engagement
- Approaches and techniques to amplify the power of professional communication
- Culture, engagement, values and ethics
- Reputation management—building trust in communication
- Case studies and projects that have made a significant impact /change
- Latest in communication research
Communication Driving Business
- Approaches and techniques for powerful business and communication strategies
- Using communication to cut through the complexity of global business
- Case studies/projects of strategy in action
- Strategic leadership
- Learning from our failures (and building on successes)
Creativity, Technology & Design
- The latest in being creative as a communication professional
- Tools and techniques for creativity in communication
- Creative new approaches that achieve results
- Disruptive technology in communication
Marketing and Brand
- The value of big data, AI and machine learning that supports communication
- Revitalization of your company’s brand—understanding global markets
- Latest marketing strategies—understanding a changing audience