Check out the breakout sessions!
Most of the IABC World Conference breakout sessions have now been posted online. Experts were drawn from around the world to shape a slate of session offerings that will inform, inspire and enlighten. You’ll see many new faces, as well as some popular favorites. Sessions will focus on innovation, best practices, and an understanding of how to leverage the unique power of communication.
To provide you with the highest quality experience, presenters were selected by the IABC Program Advisory Committee through a standardized evaluation system to ensure that each session aligns with IABC’s Global Standard and fits this year’s theme, The Communication Crossroads, emphasizing that the communication profession is uniquely positioned at the crossroads of business, culture, functions and audience. That’s a powerful place to be.
Tracks support a wide breadth of communication disciplines
Sessions are separated into these tracks:
- Communication skills: Skill-based knowledge, such as technical and social media skills, measurement techniques, planning, writing, photography/visuals, design and presenting
- Leadership and strategy: Dialogue and techniques that position communication as a high-value function, enable communicators to facilitate and foster relationships, build leadership skills and empower communicators to better support business goals
- Marketing and brand: Insights and expertise on marketing to support sales and branding as an expression of the value of an organization, product or service
- Reputation: Guidance on interpreting perceptions, values and connections that stakeholders have toward an organization, incorporating social responsibility and employing strategies for preparing for, and dealing with, a crisis
- Employee engagement: Case studies, analysis and best practices that help to ensure employee behaviors that support organizational goals and demonstrate above-and-beyond commitment
Choose your learning style
To suit your individual learning style, we’re offering sessions in a variety of formats, including workshop intensives, panels on in-depth topics, traditional hour-long sessions and rapid-fire speed presentations.
You’ll be able to tailor your experience by mixing and matching topics and formats. This is your chance to join your peers and learn from the top experts in the communication profession.
See all of the break-out sessions here.