The following letter outlines the business case for attending the IABC World Conference. It is designed to assist you with requesting funding from an employer or other sponsor to help you attend. Simply tailor the information below to fit your needs.
Dear [insert name],
The IABC World Conference, happening 9–12 June 2019 in Vancouver, is the premier annual professional development event for the communication industry. It provides communication professionals with knowledge, case studies, innovations and practical workshops covering a range of communication topics. It is also an unrivaled opportunity to network with thought leaders and industry mavens.
The conference will offer me innovative communication ideas and concrete solutions that I can apply to our organization. High-profile communication professionals from around the globe will present educational sessions on a wide range of topics, including:
- Communication Skills
- Leadership and Strategy
- Marketing and Brand
- Employee Engagement
As part of my attendance, I commit to returning value to [insert name of your organization] as a result of its investment in my development in the following way(s). [Choose one or more as appropriate.]
- I will prepare a formal presentation to share what I’ve learned with my communication colleagues in my department/other areas of the organization when I return from the conference.
- I will use social media while at the conference to share what I’ve learned with others.
- I will attend [insert specific session title] to see what I can learn to apply to [insert specific issue/challenge facing your organization].
- I will attend sessions on [insert topic area], which is a subject that has been identified in my professional development plan as an area for me to work on.
- I will network with other attendees at World Conference and share information about our company and/or its products/services.
From the options offered, I have selected a registration rate of [insert rate selected] for the World Conference. The event is being held in downtown Vancouver at the Hyatt and Fairmont. Special discounts will be available soon and I will able to secure a competitive rate at one of the official conference hotels. I would like to request a budget of:
[insert requested budget]
I believe my attendance at the IABC World Conference will provide an immediate return on investment when I’m able to put into practice what I’ve learned from the best in my profession. Thank you for your consideration.