The Gift of Communication event, happening Sunday, 9 June 2019, 1–4 p.m., is in its ninth year. This pre-conference session has been offered at the World Conference through the IABC Foundation since 2010. Participating communication professionals give pro bono advice to help a local charitable organization to address a pressing communication challenge.
Give your expertise to support a local charity
We’ll announce the charities to benefit from this year’s program in early 2019. IABC participants will have an opportunity to:
- Make an impact that benefits the local Vancouver area.
- Provide communication advice and counsel that makes a difference.
- Get professional development experience.
- Be part of a success story grounded in real-world challenges.
- See the power and value of communication in action as a force for good in the world.
Gift of Communication also supports local communities
In addition to the event at the World Conference, the Gift of Communication program takes place throughout the global IABC community; in fact, some of the most successful experiences have happened through IABC chapters. If you are part of an IABC chapter, you will gain insights on how to implement a Gift of Communication event in your own area.