2018 IABC World Conference – open call for Program Advisory Committee members now open!
IABC is seeking passionate, connected and creative volunteer leaders to serve on the 2018 Program Advisory Committee (PAC) for the 2018 IABC World Conference (#IABC18) in Montréal, Canada. This group plays a key role in making sure IABC’s flagship event stays relevant to and provides unforgettable content for a global audience of communication professionals. IABC members interested in serving are encouraged to apply here. Please note that this is a one-year volunteer commitment.
The role of a PAC volunteer leader
IABC’s annual World Conference is a high-value professional development experience for communication professionals from around the world. The role of the PAC is to:
- Conduct research and planning where appropriate.
- Provide direction, consulting, counsel and recommendations to IABC staff for implementation.
- Ensure appropriate governance and documentation of the PAC process.
- Develop the content themes/issues for the World Conference
- Provide advice and guidance to staff as requested (e.g., Call for Presentations process, theme and tracks, conference marketing)
- Identify sessions and speakers
- Support the speaker invitation process (PAC Chair)
- Participate in the planning of the program content
- Identify and recommend keynote speakers for staff to invite and contract
- Review and evaluate presentation proposals
- Recommend slate of speakers for each track
- Develop strategies to fill open speaking spots (PAC Chair & Vice Chair)
- Recruit additional speakers as needed
- Recommend onsite support strategies and participate in such support where required
- Review and support communication of feedback to speakers
- Promote the event to personal connections and audiences
Review the PAC Terms of Reference here.
Take on a volunteer leadership role with the IABC World Conference. Apply to serve on the PAC.