Purpose: How Living and Working for What Matters Most Changes Everything
Employers are currently struggling with a broken employee experience. Employees want meaningful work, a positive culture, and life balance. The C-Suite expects performance, agility, and growth. The missing foundational element in most health, talent, and organizational strategies is purpose. In this presentation, Dr. Strecher discusses the role of purpose at the employee and organizational levels. From ancient philosophy to the most modern neuroscience, Dr. Strecher presents the wisdom of purposeful living, offering specific and innovative approaches to provide what your employees want, and what your C-Suite expects.
Some topics covered during this session are:
- Low rates of work engagement and retention.
- High rates of depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation.
- The concept of transcending life and work purpose.
- Historical and philosophical background of purpose in life.
- Philosophical exploration of values affirmation associated with purpose in life.
- Neuroscience, physiological, and behavioral evidence supporting the role of transcending life and work purpose for diversity, performance, health well-being, resilience, and vitality.
- Specific methods of creating stronger life and work purposes.
- Specific methods of becoming more purposeful.
Track: Career and Future Skills
Speaker / Victor J. Strecher, PhD, MPH / U.S. is a professor at the University of Michigan’s Schools of Public Health and Founder of Kumanu, Inc. His latest neuroscience, behavioral, and epidemiologic research; his two books, Life On Purpose and the graphic novel On Purpose; his free massive open online course Finding Purpose and Meaning in Life; and the Purposeful application his business (Kumanu) created are all focused on the importance of developing and maintaining a strong purpose in life.