The top 10 digital video tech trends (and whether or not they’re worth it)
VR, AR, 360 video, live, drones, drones and more drones! With all the cool new video tech that’s out there, it’s easy to get lost in a haze of gear lust. Sure, you’d love to have that new 360 degree GoPro rig, but why? In this session, digital video expert Shannan High-Bassilik will explore just that—the “why” behind all the new video tech, breaking down the top ten trends so you can make an educated decision on whether or not it’s right for your organization.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- The ins and outs of the top tech trends in digital video right now.
- Average costs you can expect to spend.
- Impacts to your workflow (i.e. 360 video is really cool—but do you really have the computing and manpower to bring it to life like you should?).
- A collection of the best ways each piece of tech is being used right now—and how you can do something similar at your organization.
- Best practices in formats, timing and trends across social platforms.
Presenter / Shannon High-Bassalik is an affiliate of Ragan Consulting Group and chief creative officer for HighBall Media Group. She has used her storytelling skills across all platforms and types of media content. From broadcast news and documentaries to entertainment series, High-Bassalik has covered and met fascinating people, creating both interesting characters and innovative digital products. She is known for building audiences, whether for a cable news program or a short social media video, and she has developed programs including “Borderland,” NBC’s “The Curious World of Jay Thomas,” CNN’s “Starting Point with Soledad O’Brien” and MSNBC’s “The Dylan Ratigan Show.”