Benefitting the Media Development Foundation in Ukraine as we stand united against disinformation
Photo credit: Media Development Foundation
Wednesday 29 June
8 to 9:30 AM EST
Meet at: Marriott Marquis conference registration desk
Help Ukrainian media keep going!
As the world continues to evolve, so has the IABC Foundation’s Gift of Communication program for 2022 at the #IABC22 World Conference in New York City.
After more than two years, we bring you together in person… for Stronger Together: A Gift of Communication Idea Exchange for the benefit of peace in Ukraine.
Ukraine continues to face an unprecedented, full-scale war. Media across the country are operating under the most challenging circumstances, and our colleagues need our help.
They have shown extraordinary courage, but the reality on the ground is that most operations cannot continue from Ukraine alone.
Join us for this event, because we know that together we are stronger.
Proceeds from your registration will be donated to the Media Development Foundation (MDF) to help the media in Ukraine counter disinformation.
“Communication can _____________.”
This is your chance to “buddy up” and connect with a new industry peer to learn, grow your skills and network – all for an important cause! Use your session for:
- Learning about another culture or industry
- Mentoring or reverse mentoring
- Exploring an idea or new tool
- Making a new friend
- And more!
Here’s how it works:
- Register for Stronger Together by 21 June at 11:59 PM CST
- Before the conference, you will receive an email confirming who you’ve been paired with, plus we’ll share some questions you can use to kick your session off (if you need them!)
- All participants will meet on June 29 at 8 AM EST at the conference registration desk
- Take a stroll through New York City (we’ll have some maps) or head to a nearby coffee shop and let the power of communication and our community of connection work its magic
- This activity can be added to your registration. A donation of $20+USD will be required to participate. Donations will be available through a link when you register.
How funds raised will help media in Ukraine
Planning & Consultations
In planning the work of the editorial office during the war, developing work plans for now and tomorrow & consultations with managers and editors
Needs of primary necessity
First aid kits for life-threatening injuries, antibiotics, medicines, helmets, body armor & other lifesaving resources
Walkie-talkies, sleeping bags, satellite internet, flashlights, batteries, generators, satellite phones, power banks & more
Unable to attend?
You can still help! Donate to the IABC Foundation’s Stronger Together: Gift of Communication Idea Exchange! Let’s see how much our global community can raise to combat disinformation in the senseless Ukraine-Russia conflict.
Start spreading the news!
Encourage your peers to sign up for Stronger Together using #IABC22!